What is the purpose of wearing a short phrase on your wrist?
Maybe you have two favorite words or a phrase that you repeat to yourself on a daily basis.
This is your mantra.
What's a Mantra?
Originally found in Hinduism and Buddhism, mantras are sounds or words that are repeated over and over again in meditation practices. In pop culture, a personal mantra is a favorite phrase that you might repeat to yourself for motivation throughout the day. This could be something as simple as: YOU GOT THIS.
Mantras are great tools to use to stop toxic thought-patterns, ease anxiety, and maintain an optimistic outlook. When it comes to “wearing your WORD,” having a statement that you visualize and repeat to yourself will help to keep your intentions at the forefront of your mind.
How do I choose a Mantra?
Do you have a saying that you regularly tell yourself? Like You Got This or Just Breathe?
Do you have a favorite quote, poem, or lyric that’s helped you during difficult times?
Which phrase stands out to you and will empower you when you look down and see them on your wrist?
What will remind you to breathe? What will boost your confidence?
Below are some questions to help you find the motivation that you might be searching for:
- What do you tell yourself in times of stress?
- What do you say to yourself when you need a boost of confidence?
- Who/What inspires you? Think about people, places, or moments that have inspired you to be your best self.
- What WORD describes you? Don’t let this overwhelm you - think about your strengths and find what resonates with you most.
- Write a short love letter to yourself that highlights these strengths,
- What is a goal that you’re wanting to achieve? This can be short or long term or can even be just for today.
- What commitments are you willing to make in order to achieve this?