Welcome to the MyIntent Project! Please read these terms of service ("Terms of Service") carefully. They apply to your use of the MyIntent Project, PBC and the MyIntent Foundation (“MyIntent”) website at MyIntent.org (the "Site") and the related goods and services offered by MyIntent through the Site. We will refer to the Site and related goods and services offered through the Site as the "Services."
THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, REMEDIES, AND OBLIGATIONS. PLEASE NOTE THAT SECTION 10 OF THE TERMS OF SERVICE INCLUDES AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT. EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES MENTIONED IN THAT CLAUSE, YOU AND MYINTENT AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN US WILL BE RESOLVED BY MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION, AND YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS ARBITRATION.
MyIntent may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise the Terms of Service at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to the Terms of Service, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version, which will always be posted at MyIntent.org. Your continued use of the Services constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
2. Eligibility and Account Creation
2.1 Services Eligibility
To accept the Terms of Services, you affirm that you are either at least 18 years of age, an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into and comply with the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service. Minors between the ages of 13 and 18 who have not been emancipated may only use the Services with the involvement and consent of a parent or guardian.
2.2 Your Account
If you access certain features of the Services, you may have the option to create a MyIntent account (“Account”). When creating your Account, you must provide and maintain accurate and complete information and you will be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and keeping your password secure. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another MyIntent account holder at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You may never create an account using a false identity or information, on behalf of someone other than yourself, or use another person's account without permission. MyIntent may refuse to open an Account for any reason, in MyIntent’s sole discretion.
You agree to notify MyIntent immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your Account, access to your password, or any other breach of security. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your Account. MyIntent will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your Account.
These Terms of Service shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Services, have an Account, and even after your Account is terminated. You may terminate your Account at any time, for any reason, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
MyIntent may terminate your Account or your access to Services at any time, without warning and in MyIntent’s sole discretion, if you breach these Terms of Service, or otherwise.
3. Online Store Terms
You agree that your order is an offer to buy all products and services listed in your order. All orders placed through the Site are subject to MyIntent’s acceptance. This means that MyIntent may refuse to accept or may cancel any order, whether or not the order has been confirmed, for any or no reason, and without liability to you or anyone else. If your credit card has already been charged for an order that is later cancelled by MyIntent, MyIntent will issue you a refund.
Certain products may be available exclusively online through the Site. These products or services may have limited quantities. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of our products. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any color will be accurate.
We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products that we offer. All descriptions of products are subject to change at any time without notice, at our sole discretion. We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue any of our products, any part of the Site, or the Site as a whole without notice at any time. Any offer for any product made on this Site is void where prohibited.
Certain products may be subject to separate terms and conditions that accompany the applicable product offering. You are responsible for ascertaining and obeying all applicable local, state, federal, and international laws (including minimum age requirements) in regard to the receipt, possession, use, and sale of any product purchased via this Site. By placing an order, you represent that products ordered will be used only in a lawful manner.
3.3 Prices and Payment Terms
Prices posted on the Site may be different than prices offered by us or our business partners at other locations. All prices, discounts, and promotions posted on the Site are subject to change without notice. The price charged for a product or service will be the price in effect at the time the order is placed and will be set out in your order confirmation email. Price increases will only apply to orders placed after such changes. Posted prices do not include taxes or charges for shipping and handling. All such taxes and charges will be added to your merchandise total, and will be itemized in your shopping cart and in your order confirmation email. We strive to display accurate price information, however we may, on occasion, make inadvertent typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions related to pricing and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time and to cancel any orders arising from such occurrences. We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Site or Services.
We may offer from time to time promotions on the Site that may affect pricing and that are governed by terms and conditions separate from these Terms. If there is a conflict between the terms for a promotion and these Terms, the promotion terms will govern.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that collects and processes your payment information and allows us to sell our products and services to you.
3.4 Education Discount Program
MyIntent’s Education Discount program is described at https://www.myintent.org/pages/education. The program allows participating educators to obtain a discount on qualifying purchases.
To participate in the Education Discount program, you must complete an Education Discount program application. You agree to provide us with correct and complete information at all times and inform us of any changes to the information you have provided in your application. You may never complete an application using a false identity or information, on behalf of someone other than yourself, or use another person's education discount without permission. You may have only one MyIntent Education Discount. MyIntent may deny an Education Discount program application for any reason, in MyIntent’s sole discretion.
You agree that, if you are granted an Education Discount, you will not sell any MyIntent products purchased using the education discount for resell unless (i) it is as a fundraising activity for the school or organization identified in your application, and (ii) you comply with the additional terms applicable to Makers and Retailers, described in Section 3.8 below.
We reserve the right to verify from time to time information provided in an Education Discount Program application. MyIntent may suspend or terminate your Education Discount, and may modify or terminate the Education Discount program, at any time for any reason without notice, and without any liability to you.
3.5 MyIntent Rewards Program
The MyIntent Rewards program is a loyalty program offered to certain customers of MyIntent and is described at https://www.myintent.org/pages/reward. The program allows certain persons to collect points when making purchases of our products or when inviting others to the Site , and to redeem these points for rewards, benefits and/or rebates offered by MyIntent from time to time. To be eligible for membership in the MyIntent Rewards program, users may complete enrollment steps in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Collect https://collectapps.io/RetailerTerms, a third-party site that administers the MyIntent Rewards program.
Points have no cash value and are not exchangeable for cash. The accumulation of points does not entitle the enrolled members of the MyIntent Rewards Program to any vested rights, and MyIntent does not guarantee in any way the continued availability of any reward, redemption level, rebate or any other benefit. Except as expressly permitted by MyIntent, points cannot be assigned, exchanged, traded, bartered, purchased or given by gift or otherwise sold. Upon the return and/or exchange of products awarded through the redemption of points, all redeemed points will be forfeited.
If MyIntent determines that an enrolled member of the MyIntent Rewards program has abused any of the program’s privileges, fails to comply with any of these Terms, or makes any misrepresentation to MyIntent, MyIntent may, in its sole discretion, suspend or close such member’s privileges or account and/or revoke any or all of such member’s accrued points, with or without advance notice to the member and without liability.
We reserve the right to modify or terminate the MyIntent Rewards program at any time.
3.6 Shipping & Delivery
We will arrange for shipment of the products to you. Please check the individual product page for specific delivery options. You will pay all shipping and handling charges specified during the ordering process. Shipping and handling charges are reimbursement for the costs we incur in the processing, handling, packing, shipping, and delivery of your order.
You will receive a shipping confirmation email once your order is being processed. Once you have received this email please allow 24-48 hours for your tracking number to update. If for any reason your tracking number does not show an update for more than 3 to 4 business days, send us an email at email@example.com referencing your order number.
Title and risk of loss pass to you upon delivery. Shipping and delivery dates are estimates only and cannot be guaranteed. We are not liable for any delays in shipments.
3.7 Returns & Refunds
All custom engraved products are final sale. If you order a custom engraved product, you understand and agree that the item is unique to you and is not eligible for cancelation, exchange, return, or refund. If there is an error in your custom order, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the issue, a photo of the product depicting the error, and a photo of your packing slip. Once we have this information, we will see what occurred and work with you on a swift solution.
For non-custom orders, we will accept a return of the products for a refund of your purchase price, less the original shipping and handling costs, provided such return is made within 30 days of delivery with valid proof of purchase and provided such products are returned in their original condition. To return products, please email us at email@example.com. You are responsible for all shipping and handling charges on returned items and you bear the risk of loss during shipment. Your refund will be credited back to the same payment method used to make the original purchase on the Site.
3.8 Additional Terms for MyIntent Certified Makers and MyIntent Retailers
You may not sell, resell, or use for any commercial purpose any MyIntent product, obtained through the Site or otherwise, except as permitted in this subsection.
A “MyIntent Certified Maker” may make custom MyIntent products in accordance with these Terms and sell them in a non-retail capacity. To sell custom-made products in retail stores and/or on-line, a MyIntent Certified Maker must also qualify as and comply with the terms applicable to a MyIntent Retailer (as defined below).
To become a MyIntent Certified Maker, you must (i) purchase a Maker Kit https://www.myintent.org/collections/maker/products/makerkit, (ii) successfully complete the MyIntent Certified Maker Test available at https://www.myintent.org/pages/maker-certification, and (iii) indicate in connection with the purchase of the Maker Kit your acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
• MyIntent grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use the “MyIntent” trade name and logo, the “What’s Your Word” slogan and logo, and the MyIntent product designs (“MyIntent Brand Assets”) solely as necessary to make and sell MyIntent products in accordance with these Terms. No other use of any other trademark, service mark, trade name, logo, slogan, or design of MyIntent is permitted. Any goodwill derived from your use of the MyIntent Brand Assets shall inure to the benefit of MyIntent.
• You agree that your use of the Maker Kit and the MyIntent Brand Assets will comply with the MyIntent Brand Guidelines available at https://www.myintent.org/pages/maker-certification. In addition, you agree that you will use the MyIntent Brand Assets in a manner that (i) is consistent with the high standards, quality, style, and image of MyIntent, (ii) complies with all applicable laws, and (iii) will not tend to dilute, denigrate, disparage, tarnish, present in a false light or otherwise reflect negatively on MyIntent or the MyIntent Brand Assets. You also agree that you will not take, omit to take, or permit any action which will or may invalidate or jeopardize any registration of the MyIntent Brand Assets.
• When using the Maker Kit and MyIntent Brand Assets in the community (in person or online), you agree to identify yourself using the following name structure: “MyIntent Maker [Full Name]” (e.g. MyIntent Maker Jane Smith), and, where appropriate, to utilize and contribute to the established social media hashtags #MyIntentMaker and #MyIntent.
• You agree that you may sell MyIntent products that you make with your purchased Maker Kit only in a non-retail capacity. You may set prices at your discretion in connection with such non-retail sales. You must disclaim all express and implied warranties in connection with any sales made by you. You agree that you may not sell custom-made MyIntent products in retail stores or online unless you also qualify as and comply with the terms applicable to a MyIntent Retailer (as defined below).
A “MyIntent Retailer” may resell pre-made MyIntent Products in retail store, online, or both, in accordance with these Terms. To make and sell custom MyIntent Products in retail settings (in physical stores or online or both), a MyIntent Retailer must also qualify as and comply with the terms applicable to a MyIntent Certified Maker (defined above).
To become a MyIntent Retailer, you must (i) have a physical or online retail store (or both), (ii) have and provide your State Resale License or Federal Tax ID number, (iii) read and indicate your review and acceptance of the MyIntent Retailer Guidelines https://www.myintent.org/pages/retailer, (iv) successfully complete an application to sell in-store retail, online, or both https://www.myintent.org/pages/retail-in-store, and (v) indicate in connection with the retail application your acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
• MyIntent grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use the “MyIntent” trade name and logo, the “What’s Your Word” slogan and logo, and the MyIntent product designs (“MyIntent Brand Assets”) solely as necessary to sell or resell MyIntent products in accordance with these Terms. No other use of any other trademark, service mark, trade name, logo, slogan, or design of MyIntent is permitted. Any goodwill derived from your use of the MyIntent Brand Assets shall inure to the benefit of MyIntent.
• You agree that your use of the MyIntent Brand Assets will comply with the MyIntent Brand Guidelines available at https://www.myintent.org/pages/retailer. In addition, you agree that you will use the MyIntent Brand Assets in a manner that (i) is consistent with the high standards, quality, style, and image of MyIntent, (ii) complies with all applicable laws, and (iii) will not tend to dilute, denigrate, disparage, tarnish, present in a false light or otherwise reflect negatively on MyIntent or the MyIntent Brand Assets. You also agree that you will not take, omit to take, or permit any action which will or may invalidate or jeopardize any registration of the MyIntent Brand Assets.
• You agree that your resale of pre-made MyIntent products, and/or your sale of custom MyIntent products, will comply with the MyIntent Retailer Guidelines found on https://www.myintent.org/pages/retailer, and that you will disclaim all express and implied warranties in connection with any sales made by you..
• You agree that, except with respect to promotional prices, your online advertising and sales pricing cannot be less than MyIntent.org pricing and that you will promptly update your pricing when notified of MyIntent.org price changes.
• You may not resell pre-made MyIntent products and/or sell custom MyIntent products on third-party sites without MyIntent’s written approval, such as but not limited to: Amazon.com; etsy.com; eBay; Jet.com ; Walmart.com, etc.
• You may not open a retail or online store solely to sell MyIntent products. The selling of MyIntent product may only be in addition to an already existing retail or online store that you own.
If you are a MyIntent Certified Maker and/or a MyIntent Retailer and you sell or resell any MyIntent product, you understand and agree that you are solely responsible for your own order fulfillment, returns and refunds, and customer service. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless MyIntent, its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) (i) brought by any person or entity who purchases a pre-made or custom MyIntent product from you, or (ii) arising from (a) your making, offering, marketing, promoting, selling, or reselling of any pre-made or custom MyIntent Product, (b) your use of the Maker Kit or the MyIntent Brand Assets, or (c) your violation of these Terms of Service or the additional terms in this subsection applicable to MyIntent Certified Makers and MyIntent Retailers (the “Additional Maker and Retailer Terms”). This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms of Service.
The Additional Maker and Retailer Terms are intended to and do supplement, and do not replace any of, the Terms of Service.
We reserve the right to audit from time-to-time your performance as a MyIntent Certified Maker and/or a MyIntent Retailer and your compliance with the Additional Maker and Retailer Terms, and to verify the information you provide to us in your application(s) to become a MyIntent Retailer. If MyIntent determines in its sole discretion that you as a MyIntent Certified Maker or a MyIntent Retailer have failed to comply with any of the Terms of Service or the Additional Maker and Retailer Terms, or have made any misrepresentation to MyIntent, MyIntent may, in its sole discretion, take such actions as it deems appropriate, including without limitation, suspending, revoking, or terminating your privileges, your Account, and/or any rights provided hereunder, with or without advance notice to the member and without liability to you.
MyIntent may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise the Additional Maker and Retailer Terms at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to or that impact the Additional Maker and Retailer Terms, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version of these Terms, the Brand Guidelines, and the Retailer Guidelines, which will always be posted at MyIntent.org. Your continued sale or resale of MyIntent products and/or your continued use of the MyIntent Brand Assets constitutes your acceptance of any such changes.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your MyIntent Certified Maker and/or MyIntent Retailer qualification at any time in MyIntent’s sole discretion without liability to you. We further reserve the right to terminate the MyIntent Certified Maker and/or MyIntent Retailer programs at any time, without notice or liability to you.
4. Classes, Workshops, and Conversation Services
4.1 Health and Safety Disclaimers and Warnings
Through the Services, MyIntent may provide access to classes, workshops, sessions, conversations, activities, and/or other online or mobile content related to health, wellness, and self-care. Any such activities or content on or accessible via the Services, whether provided by MyIntent or by contract from outside providers, is provided simply for your convenience. Any activities, advice or other content offered or accessible via the Services are intended for general information purposes only.
You understand and agree that MyIntent is not a medical or mental healthcare provider, and that the Services and any other information or activities you access or learn from MyIntent are not intended, designed, or implied to be medical advice, to diagnose, prevent, or treat any condition or disease, to ascertain the state of your health, or to be a substitute for professional medical or mental healthcare. Any activities, information, and other content MyIntent makes available through the Services are intended to support the relationship between you and your healthcare providers and not replace it. Not all activities described on the Services are suitable for everyone. You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for your use of the Services.
You acknowledge and agree that, unless otherwise expressly indicated, the instructors or leaders of the classes, workshops, sessions, conversations, and other activities on or accessed via the Services are neither employees nor agents nor representatives of MyIntent, and MyIntent assumes no responsibility for any act or omission of any such instructors or leaders. You further acknowledge and agree that, to the extent any such instructor or leader is a medical or mental healthcare professional, MyIntent cannot predict or assess the competence of, or appropriateness for your needs, of the professional. You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for your decision to access any instructor or leader, including without limitation any medical or mental healthcare professional, through the Services. MyIntent does not endorse or recommend any individual or entity (including without limitation any instructor, leader, or professional) accessible via the Services, makes no representations or warranties with respect to the validity, accuracy, or availability of any content or advice provided by any such individual or entity, and will not be liable for any damages you may incur due to your reliance upon any content or advice provided by any such individual or entity.
You acknowledge and agree that certain of the classes, workshops, sessions, conversations, and other activities on or accessed via the Services may involve physical exercise, and that physical exercise, in all of its forms and with or without the use of equipment such as blocks, straps or any other equipment that may be suggested by an instructor or leader via the Services, is a strenuous activity. By using the Services, you represent that you understand that physical exercise involves strenuous physical movement, and that such activity carries the risk of injury whether physical or mental. You understand that it is your responsibility to judge your physical and mental capabilities for such activities. It is your responsibility to ensure that by participating in classes, workshops, sessions, conversations, and other activities on or accessed via the Services, you will not exceed your limits while performing such activity, and you will select the appropriate level of activity for your skills and abilities, as well as for any mental or physical conditions and/or limitations you have. You understand that, from time to time instructors or leaders may suggest physical adjustments or the use of equipment and it is your sole responsibility to determine if any such suggested adjustment or equipment is appropriate for your level of ability and physical and mental condition. You expressly waive and release any claim that you may have at any time for injury of any kind against MyIntent, or any person or entity involved with MyIntent, including without limitation its directors, principals, instructors, independent contractors, employees, agents, contractors, affiliates and representatives.
YOU SHOULD CONSULT YOUR MEDICAL OR MENTAL HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BEFORE UNDERTAKING A NEW ACTIVITY RELATED TO HEALTH, WELLNESS, OR FITNESS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY ACTIVITY ON OR ACCESSIBLE VIA THE SERVICES.
IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT SUICIDE, IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU MAY BE A DANGER TO YOURSELF OR TO OTHERS OR IF YOU OTHERWISE HAVE ANY MEDICAL EMERGENCY, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY CALL 911 (OR THE RELEVANT EMERGENCY NUMBER IN YOUR COUNTRY) AND NOTIFY THE POLICE OR EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES.
4.2 Community Guidelines
- Do not publish your personal information or the personal information of anyone else in a public community. Please use direct messaging when personal information must be shared. Do not record or take screenshots of or from any content or activity accessible via the Services and/or post them anywhere without explicit consent from the owner of the content (e.g., the instructor or leader). Do not share private conversations between users that were had with the expectation of remaining private.
- Threatening language, harassment, violence, racism, bullying, attacks on or intimidation of any party, malicious speech regarding topics of sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ethnic origin or race, religion, disability, size; sexist or inappropriately sexual comments or behavior; or hate speech will not be tolerated. Discrimination against people based on race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender identity, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics will not be tolerated.
If you see or become aware of any content or behavior that violates MyIntent’s community guidelines, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you believe any content or activity violates your intellectual property rights, please provide us with written notice in accordance of Section 6 of these Terms of Service.
MyIntent reserves the right to block or restrict access or use of the Services to any user who fails to comply with or violates, in MyIntent’s sole discretion, these community guidelines.
4.3 Media Waiver
MyIntent may record classes, workshops, sessions, conversations and/or activities accessible via the Services to monitor for quality and training purposes. MyIntent may also use photos and videos from recorded Services to use in promotional materials such as but not limited to social media posts, email, advertising, YouTube, etc.
5. Rights and Restrictions
MyIntent hereby grants you permission to access and use the Site as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that you agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Site, without MyIntent’s prior written authorization, and you agree not to alter, modify, copy, or reverse engineer any part of the Site. MyIntent reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Site at any time.
The content on the Site, including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, and interactive features ("Content") and the trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, and logos contained therein, including “MyIntent,” "What’s Your Word?," and the logos of each (together, the "Marks"), are owned by or licensed to MyIntent and subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law. Content on the Site is provided to you as is for your information and personal use only and may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of MyIntent and any other respective owners. MyIntent reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Site and the Content.
You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Content other than expressly permitted herein. You also agree that the Marks may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of MyIntent. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Site or the Content therein.
You agree to not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Site, the Services or any product available or obtained through the Site or Services other than as expressly permitted by these Terms of Service. You also may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to intellectual property laws).
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, materials or any other content or information provided by you to MyIntent are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of MyIntent. MyIntent shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of such information for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
6. Third-Party Intellectual Property Infringement
Relationship of parties: You are an independent contractor, and nothing in this agreement creates an agency, franchise, partnership, sales representative, joint venture, or employment relationship. You will have no authority to make or accept any offers or representations on our behalf. You will not make any statement that could reasonably be understood to contradict anything in this section You agree to hold us free and harmless from any and all claims (including attorney’s costs to defend against such claims), actions, liabilities, losses, or damages arising from your participation as a Maker.
If you believe that any material on or accessible via the Services infringes or misappropriates your intellectual property rights or those of a third-party, you may request removal of such material (or access thereto) by providing written notice to us at email@example.com. If the intellectual property right subject of your written notice is a copyright owned by you, please include the following information:
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed and, if available, a copy of the location where an authorized version of the work may be found (e.g., a URL).
- A description of where on the Services the material that you claim is infringing may be found or accessed, sufficient for us to locate the material (e.g., the URL).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- Your electronic or physical signature.
8. Third Party Content and Services
9. Disclaimers and Limitations on Liability
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR PRODUCTS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR PRODUCTS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER MYINTENT NOR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY ASSOCIATED WITH MYINTENT MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER MYINTENT NOR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY ASSOCIATED WITH MYINTENT REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
MYINTENT HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
IN NO EVENT WILL MYINTENT, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
The limitations and disclaimers in this section do not purport to limit liability or alter your rights beyond what is permitted by applicable law. MyIntent’s liability shall be limited to the extent permitted by law.
MyIntent is based in the state of Washington in the United States. We provide this Site for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Site or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Site may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Site from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless MyIntent, its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from your use of and access to the Services, or your violation of these Terms of Service. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms of Service and your use of the Services.
These Terms of Service, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by MyIntent without restriction.
12. Arbitration Agreement; Class Waiver; Jury Waiver
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES YOU AND MYINTENT TO AGREE TO RESOLVE ALL DISPUTES THROUGH BINDING INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.
12.1 Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. All claims and disputes (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief as set forth below) in connection with the Agreement, including the Terms of Service, that cannot be resolved informally or in small claims court shall be resolved, to the extent permitted by applicable law, by binding arbitration on an individual basis under the terms of this Arbitration Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement applies to you and MyIntent, and to any subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or goods provided under the Terms of Service.
12.2 Notice Requirement and Informal Dispute Resolution. Before either party may seek arbitration, the party must first send to the other party a written Notice of Dispute ("Notice") describing the nature and basis of the claim or dispute, and the requested relief. A Notice to MyIntent should be sent to: 3632 1st Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107, Attention: Legal. After the Notice is received, you and MyIntent may attempt to resolve the claim or dispute informally. If you and MyIntent do not resolve the claim or dispute within 30 days after the Notice is received, either party may begin an arbitration proceeding. The amount of any settlement offer made by any party may not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator has determined the amount of the award, if any, to which either party is entitled.
12.3 Arbitration Rules. Arbitration shall be initiated through the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), an established alternative dispute resolution provider ("ADR Provider") that offers arbitration as set forth in this section. If AAA is not available to arbitrate, the parties shall agree to select an alternative ADR Provider. The rules of the ADR Provider shall govern all aspects of this arbitration, including but not limited to the method of initiating and/or demanding arbitration, except to the extent such rules conflict with the Terms of Service. The AAA Consumer Arbitration Rules ("Arbitration Rules") governing the arbitration are available online at www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. The arbitration shall be conducted by a single, neutral arbitrator. Any claims or disputes where the total amount of the award sought is less than ten thousand U.S. Dollars (US $10,000.00) may be resolved through binding non-appearance-based arbitration, at the option of the party seeking relief. For claims or disputes where the total amount of the award sought is ten thousand U.S. Dollars (US $10,000.00) or more, the right to a hearing will be determined by the Arbitration Rules. Any hearing will be held in the city of Los Angeles, California, unless the parties agree otherwise. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
12.4 Additional Rules for Non-Appearance Based Arbitration. If non-appearance arbitration is elected, the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online, and/or based solely on written submissions; the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration.
12.5 Authority of Arbitrator. If arbitration is initiated, the arbitrator will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and MyIntent, and the dispute will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the AAA Rules, and the Terms of Service. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and MyIntent.
12.6 Waiver of Jury Trial. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY, instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement, excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief as set forth below. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient, and less costly than court proceedings and are subject to very limited review by a court. If any litigation should arise between you and MyIntent in any state or federal court in a suit to vacate or enforce an arbitration award or otherwise, YOU AND MYINTENT WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL, instead electing that the dispute be resolved by a judge.
12.7 Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS BASIS, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED JOINTLY OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER.
12.8 Severability. If any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed, and the remainder of the Arbitration Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
12.9 Right to Waive. Any or all of the rights and limitations set forth in this Arbitration Agreement may be waived by the party against whom the claim is asserted. Such waiver shall not waive or affect any other portion of this Arbitration Agreement.
12.10 Survival of Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with MyIntent.
12.11 Small Claims Court. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either you or MyIntent may bring an individual action in small claims court.
12.12 Equitable Relief. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may seek equitable relief before a court of competent jurisdiction for the alleged unlawful use of copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos, trade secrets, or patents or emergency equitable relief before a court of competent jurisdiction to maintain the status quo pending arbitration. A request for interim measures shall not be deemed a waiver of any other rights or obligations under this Arbitration Agreement.
13. Governing Law, Venue, and Jurisdiction
To the extent the parties are permitted under these Terms of Service to initiate litigation in court, both you and MyIntent agree that all claims and disputes, including statutory claims and disputes, arising out of or relating to the Agreement, including the Terms of Service, shall be governed in all respects by the substantive law of the state of California, without regard to its conflict of law principles. You and MyIntent hereby consent to submit to the jurisdiction of the federal and state courts sitting in the state of California for any actions, suits, or proceedings arising out of or relating to the Agreement, including the Terms of Service, that are not subject to the Arbitration Agreement.
YOU AND MYINTENT AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
14. Entire Agreement
We welcome your comments or questions about these Terms of Service. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCHEDULE 1. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. You are shopping on a merchant’s website (the “Merchant”).
2. If you place a Qualifying Customer Order, the Product(s) that you are purchasing will be sold first by the Merchant to Passport Global Inc (“Passport”), and then by Passport to you under these Terms and Conditions. Your payment information, shipping address, and any additional information required or requested to complete your order will be shared directly with Passport and its nominated agents and contractors, in order to enable Passport to complete your Qualifying Customer Order.
3. Your Qualifying Customer Order is subject to: (1) these Terms and Conditions; and (2) any relevant terms and conditions imposed by the Merchant. By completing your purchase, you confirm that you have read and agree to be bound by all of these. By placing a Qualifying Customer Order on the Merchant’s website, you understand and agree that:
3.1 You are dealing with and providing your information to Passport. Passport may contact you about your order.
3.2 If there is an error in the price listed for a Product on the Merchant’s website, or in the price applied to the product during the sale of and processing of your order for the Product, Passport and its nominated agents are entitled to contact you, correct the price, and/or cancel your order.
3.3 The Merchant remains responsible for handling payment for your order.
3.4 Once your payment is processed, ownership in the items will shift from Passport, to you.
3.5 Certain addresses will be ineligible for shipment, such as PO box addresses.
3.6 Passport may refuse service, refuse to process or complete Qualifying Customer Orders, remove or edit content, or cancel such orders for any reason or for no reason, in its sole discretion.
3.7 If you are under the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside, approval of your parent or guardian is required to complete your purchase.
3.8 You authorise Passport and its nominated agents and contractors to perform any of the following activities in connection with the delivery of any Products: (i) to act as your agent to make and file customs declarations and all related actions as your direct representative, which expressly includes completing any documents, amending product or Harmonised System codes, and paying any duties, taxes or penalties required under applicable laws and regulations; (ii) to act as forwarding agent for customs import and export control purposes solely for the purpose of designating a customs broker to perform customs clearance and entry; and (iii) to redirect an order to your customs broker or other address upon request by any person whom Passport’s nominated agents and contractors believe in its reasonable opinion to be authorised.
4. Currency. You may select your preferred payment method and currency from a list of options available at the time of checkout. Please note that the relative value of currencies may vary, and as a result, the actual purchase price for items in your order may vary based on the currency selected.
5. Billing. If you use a payment card or other electronic form of payment as your payment type, the charges to your account for your order will be subject to the Merchant’s terms and conditions.
6. Shipping. Items in your order may be shipped via a single shipment, or via multiple shipments. If items in your Qualifying Customer Order are shipped via multiple shipments, or if your order is only partially filled and shipped, you will only be charged for those items that are actually shipped to you.
7. Chargebacks, Fraud Prevention and Void Transactions. For your protection, Passport may use various fraud prevention protocols and policies, and industry-standard verification systems, to reduce fraud and minimize chargeback risks. You must comply with such protocols and policies, including card authentication, and “ship to” and “bill to” address verification. Once an order is placed, you may not change any authenticated payment information or any verified “ship to”/“bill to” address. If there is a systemic error which results in the processing or acceptance of a transaction for which authorisation has been declined, that transaction will be void.
8. Customer Service and Returns. Questions or complaints about your order should be directed to the Merchant in the first instance. Passport may work with the Merchant as necessary to resolve your issue. The Merchant is authorised to allow for returns or refunds on orders in accordance with the Merchant’s policy, including to reimburse you for the original sales prices of Products returned to the Merchant’s nominated address. Passport may however refuse any return requested if a restriction applies to the item for which the return is requested. You accept that your sole remedies are against the Merchant. Where a return by the Customer is authorised by Passport or the Merchant, Passport shall also have the right to return the item to Merchant and accordingly the Merchant shall issue a credit note to Passport and Passport shall provide a credit note to the Customer, and Passport’s direction, ownership and risk in the Products for return shall pass directly to the Merchant. Where a return is authorised by Passport or the Merchant, the Merchant shall, at Passport’s direction and acting in its name, provide a credit note to the Customer to the extent of the value of the Product(s) authorised to be returned directly to the Merchant. In relation to any return of Products to the Merchant, you authorise Passport and its nominated agents to act on your behalf, and to recover for its own account, any import duties and taxes. If required, you will sign any such document that is reasonably required to facilitate the return of the Products and the recovery of any import duties and taxes.
9. General Terms. The following general terms apply whenever you place a Qualifying Customer Order through the Merchant’s website:
9.1 Compliance with Applicable Laws. You certify that any Products purchased through a Qualifying Customer Order will not be imported, exported, sold, or transferred in violation of any applicable laws, including without limitation the United States Export Administration Regulations or applicable United States sanctions and embargoes administered by the United States Treasury Department, and equivalent statutes, regulations and codes of England and Wales or the EU. It is your responsibility to know the laws of the country into which you are importing any Products that you order from the Merchant’s website. By placing a Qualifying Customer Order you certify that the import of the Products you have ordered to the country of the shipping address you have provided does not violate any laws or regulations of that country.
9.3 Electronic Communications. When you place a Qualifying Customer Order through the Merchant’s website, you are communicating with Passport electronically, and you consent to entering into this agreement by electronic means, and to receive communications from Passport electronically/via email.
9.4 Modifications. You acknowledge that Passport may make changes to its system, policies, and these Terms and Conditions at any time. Passport will ensure that the current version of these Terms and Conditions is presented every time you make a Qualifying Customer Order on the Merchant’s website. You are responsible for reviewing these Terms and Conditions each time you make a Qualifying Customer Order. If you do not agree to any change in the Terms and Conditions, you must not complete your order. Any order placed after the effective date of a change will constitute your agreement to the change and to the current Terms and Conditions .
9.5 Severability. If any or any portion of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that term or portion of terms will be severed, and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms.
9.6 Proceedings. Any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions must be brought in the courts of California, United States, and you hereby irrevocably agree to the jurisdiction of the courts of California, United States for all such purposes.
9.7 Language. The parties have agreed and expressly requested that this agreement and all documents related to it be drawn up in English.
9.8 Definitions. “Member State”, “third country” and “third territories” as defined in Article 5 of Council Directive 2006/12/EEC. “Products” means those goods offered for sale via the Merchant’s website which are not of a class or description subject to any duty of excise whether or not those goods are in fact chargeable with that duty, and whether or not that duty has been paid on those goods, or prohibited or restricted goods were they to be imported into the UK, and which are not subject to any restrictions on export, sale, or transfer in violation of any Applicable Laws. “Product Prices” means the prices including VAT at the appropriate rate of the Products as held out for sale to Customer by the Merchant and accordingly, by Passport to Customer; and “Product Price” means the price of an individual Product. “Qualifying Customer Order” meets all of the following conditions:
(A) It is an order for Product or Products placed via the Merchant’s website which are to be transported from:
- a third country or territory, excluding Northern Ireland (“NI”), to an address in a Member State of the EU (e.g. USA to France);
- a third country or territory, excluding the UK, or from a Member State of the EU to an address in Great Britain (e.g. Germany to England); or
- a third country or territory, excluding NI, to an address in NI (e.g. USA to NI); and
(B) In relation to the transport of a Product or Products to an address:
- in Great Britain or NI, the total intrinsic value of the Product or Products comprising that order does not exceed £135 (one hundred and thirty five) British Pounds Sterling, or where Products comprising an order exceed that sum but are sent in separate consignments, the intrinsic value of each consignment of which the Product or Products form part does not exceed £135 (one hundred and thirty five) British Pounds Sterling; and
- in a Member State of the EU, the total intrinsic value of the Product or Products comprising that order does not exceed €150 (one hundred and fifty) Euros, or where Products comprising an order exceed that sum but are sent in separate consignments, the intrinsic value of each consignment of which the Product or Products form part does not exceed €150 (one hundred and fifty) Euros.
Last updated on March 3, 2022